By Oleena Mendonca
Coriander provides a fabulous taste to the Coriander Chicken. It is easy to learn how to prepare Coriander Chicken by following this easy recipe.
- Boneless chicken pieces-half kg
- Finely chopped 2 onions
- Coriander powder one table spoon
- Chilli powder-one teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-half teaspoon
- Garam Masala powder-one teaspoon
- Curd-two tablespoons
- Ginger-garlic paste-one tablespoon
- Tomato puree-one tablespoon
- Oil-two tablespoons
- Coriander leaves
- Salt as per taste
Method of Preparation:
- Cut the chicken into medium pieces
- Marinate with curd, ginger-garlic paste, salt and turmeric powder and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil and fry finely chopped onion till it turns slightly brown.
- Add marinated chicken and fry for two minutes.
- Add chilli and garam masala powder, a little water and cook.
- When almost done, add coriander powder and tomato puree and cook till completely done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.
Editor’s Note: The recipe on ‘Coriander Chicken’ by Mrs. Oleena Mendonca is quite simple and easy to prepare for anyone. This preparation can be used as a side dish. If there is a need for more gravy to be used as curry for rice, more onion and tomato puree can be used. Mrs. Benny D’Souza Editor-Recipe Column